Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sweet baby!

So Sunday was Zeke's blessing day. Josiah did such a wonderful job. He was so nervous that he kept saying "I'm gonna throw up, I'm gonna throw up." Every dad has to go through the first public blessing. He's gonna be a pro one day! It was cool because we sat by a couple who is in charge of nursery, (we're their assistants) and they're really nice and he's a convert too. And they don't have kids yet, so we're them like a year later. I hope it's encouraging for them. I feel "seriously, so blessed!" (JKLOL.)

P.S. I am such a heffer. I am still training for my 5k though, so I won't be huge forever.



Anyhoo, when I was pregnant I went to AZ to visit my friends and bought this whole sailboat ensemble for my baby. AND NOW IT FITS!!! It's 3-6 months, and he just turned 3 mos, but he's fitting into most of his 3-6 month stuff. He looked SO precious!

NO, it's not cold here, I just couldn't wait!!!

The socks are the cutest part: WHALES! We did go buy me a new cell phone that night, and I'm sure it was below 80, so he needed to stay warm somehow!!!



Lately I've been trying to wean Ezekiel from the swaddle. It's the only way he knows how to sleep. I just get lazy during the day, so I'm trying to lay him down with just a blanket. Today I laid him down and he started crying. So I shut the door, and went to get his clothes out of the dryer and seriously within 30 seconds he had stopped crying. I peeked in, because I knew he was exhausted. (he was awake for a full 90 min! LAZY BABY) This is what I found.

That's an elephant tail in his hand. I think it was an accident, but how precious is that! He spit out his pacifier, and he's sucking his thumb like a champ. Whatever.

3 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Good job Josiah!! Seriously, you have no idea how special it is to a mom to hear her husband give her baby a blessing!
And Desi, looking good sexy!

kelsey said...

i love him. zeke, not josiah. ha. glad the blessing went well. we did ours at our house--less pressure! jk. i love the sailboat outfit, and the thumb-sucking. he is so freaking adorable!!! but i don't need to tell you that...

brian and thera tolman said...

That is so exciting! I'm sure Josiah did wonderful and you look great Des. Cute family!