Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We're all getting more active!

I am so proud of myself, I have to brag. So I started this couch to 5k program a couple of months ago, and when I started, I couldn't run for 3 minutes. Today I jogged (slowly but surely) 27 minutes. And I went just over 2 miles. I know that's a snail's pace, but I just want to be able to do it. I tried going faster for my monday run, and I crapped out after 19 minutes. I'm starting to really enjoy going out instead of dreading it. Zeke really enjoys being in the stroller and Reggie LOVES IT! As soon as I'm done giving Ezekiel his morning feed, Reggie is sitting at my feet waiting to go. I practically trip over him as I get ready. It's really sad on the mornings that I don't go. Ha Ha, burn!

And Josiah is doing really well too. I'm pretty sure if he really wanted to he could have done a 5k the first day of training, but he still goes out most mornings at 4am before work, and now he's running a 4 mile loop. Yeah, my boo is sexy! I better lose this baby weight before some denny's waitress snags him! (His crew eats at denny's weekly because it's the only thing open at 3am when they work overnights.)

Last night I had a couple of friends over to decorate Halloween cookies. (Yes, I have a friend now!) They turned out much yummier than the soup. Anyway, Caden, their little boy, was wondering about Zeke's sleeping situation, so I let them help me put him to bed. In all of this excitement, little Zekers must have wanted to stay up and play. After they left I went in and found him like this!
BEFORE:
AFTER:
Don't worry, I checked to make sure he could breathe.

1 comment:

Taylors said...

Good job!!! I am so jealous! I think I am going to try the couch to 5k thing here (I just need a jogging stroller) But seriously that is so awesome that you have stuck with it!