Saturday, October 18, 2008

If I build it, they will come...

At least that's what Jacqui says. So in the last week, I've had 3 people from church ask me to do their hair. I always say yes, but then I put it off, because I have nowhere to put the mess. Well, I made somewhere to put the mess. Our formal living room, which is just off of our front door faces the street, but since there's not any parking on the street, nobody uses our front door. So the formal living room turned into our "office". The only thing official about it is our computer, but it's where our little digital piano was and a hutch full of fabric and sewing what-nots, and then my sewing machine. Oh, and this old big ugly oak bookcase that took up too much room. So Jacqui told me to get a really tall bookcase because they take up less room, and I did. So, I moved my piano to the dining room wall, where there actually was extra room, because our table is so small, and then I put the old bookcase out in the garage for shoes, and bought a really tall skinny one at Ikea, and put it in a formerly useless tiny corner, and then dedicated another corner to my sewing hutch, and table, and then biggest corner is now my SALON! So it's a work in progress. Our house came with extra linoleum from the bathroom, so we had a 10' sq piece, that I laid out, and then I hung a mirror, and I picked up a salon chair that I found on craig's list. And I had a sofa table that was in the garage. Josiah stripped all of the finish off of it, and we were just going to get rid of it, but I painted it white, and it's my station top. I can put magazines and towels in the drawers, and I have my rolly cart for my actual hair stuff. I'm really excited. Plus I'm hoping that if I have regular people coming over, it will inspire me to keep my kitchen sink EMPTY and all of the clutter put away. That is what destroys my house. Junk mail on the coffee table seems to reproduce.

7 comments:

Shyssa Anathalya Ferreira said...

I LOVED THIS BLOG, I HOPE HIS/HER FAMILY IS VERY HAPPY SAME;
HERE I PASSED TO LEAVE AT LEAST A COMMENT FOR SAYING THAT MASTER CALIFORNIA - NY ALL OF THE AMERICAN CITIES, AND THAT IF DEUS QUIZER WILL VISIT THIS IMMENSE PARENTS!!!

KISSES HOPE YOU PASS IN MY BLOG AND COMMENT ON
THANK YOU
BEIJAO (* *)

IronLawGirl said...

I would so come! (that's what she said) ;)
Good job Desi! Putting together a salon and jogging!? You're one hot little mama!

Ashley said...

Hey! I didn't know you do hair! Cool!

kelsey said...

so...... i'm an idiot! scratch that last comment... i didn't read this first! ha. anyways, that's exciting! good for you.

Jacqui said...

For cute, Des. I'm so proud of you. You are my official hair cutter. The sofa table looks really good painter white. I love it.

Tawnya said...

How exciting! Way to put it all together!

brian and thera tolman said...

That is a great idea, Desi! Being a trophy wife is great, but how fun to make a little extra money working from home!