Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's that smell?

So today has been HELL!!! Well, it didn't start out that way. I went for my morning run, decided to pick up the house a bit, and started laundry. The house has gotten progressively worse, I've gotten exactly one load of laundry done (and not even folded or put away) and Zeke is in the worst mood ever. He basically wants me to sit over him and make googley faces/noises. Toys don't work because they frustrate him. So he's been CRYING all afternoon. At least there is some humor in this life. He's been tooting quite a bit today, so I'm thinking his tummy hurts, and I've changed him very frequently cuz he's a smelly baby today. So I'm holding him and putting him down for a nap, which he won't take, and I'm like dude, you smell. So I smell him all over to try and get rid of that rotten milk smell. I checked his hands because they have been stinky lately. He sucks on them all the time, and then spit-up gets in his tiny fists and just marinates. BABIES ARE GROSS. Well, who's gross now?

2 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Oh the sour milk smell. That was me all the time with Gwen. It's so funny. It looks like a bird dumped on you. And looks like the running's paying off! ;)

Anonymous said...

Dez...
sour milk! yugh. well, i am checking in after a long blog hiatus and I am loving it! Thanks for the pics of Zeke - so so cute! I bring it to the table to practice - who is this? baby. baby who? baby zeke! Also - huge props for running 16 minutes. Thats a big deal. Good luck with all, and love to josiah and zeke!
love,
laurie