Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ladies that lunch:

So, as we all know, my dear friend Kristin Mcphie has moved to California. She works right across the way from the Arden Mall, so I decided to go out to lunch with her today. We went to the Nordstrom Cafe. Holy cow, where has this place been all my life? I had an apple/goat-cheese salad. I was a little wary, but I L.O.V.E. goat cheese. I think Laurie introduced me to it, and I am forever in her debt. I think it's the only way I really love salads. Ok, so I like candy, and I think it's the candy of cheeses. And this salad was the candy of salads. It had green apples and chicken, both sliced REALLY thin, and red onions. Then it had really good spring greens, not the bitter kind, and candy coated almonds I think, and some kind of red apple chips, and then tons of goat cheese. I almost got another one to go for dinner. Seriously. It's like when I met the Chicken Florentine, (it's the orzo dish), at Macaroni Grill. I'm Obsessed now.
So, my sweet sweet baby made it all the way to the mall without screaming in the car, and was a sweet angel the whole time, and then he fell asleep when we were eating, and slept the whole way home. It was really sad, because his head kept falling forward, and it looked like it just might roll off. I kept trying to fix it, but whatever. I tried to get a picture with my phone while I was stopped at a red light, but I figured I should focus on driving.

(I took this when we got home)

So we get home, and I am just enamored with my sweet baby. I feed him, and it's not even that painful. He's all smiles, and just being the sweetest baby. Then he starts to poop. And poop and poop and poop. When I finally went to change him, I didn't think it was too bad, because it wasn't leaking from the sides, but it had blasted all the way up the front and the back. SICK! So, I just stripped him and bathed him, which he loves. Here's a modest shot. Josiah will get really mad if I photograph Zeke's junk.
Look how happy my baby is! However, he gets pissed when you take him out.

4 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

oh that was so fun!!!! I'm so sad and I'm going to miss you so much!!! Maybe we should go again Friday.

Tawnya said...

Des you are the funniest ever. Your baby is freakin adorable!!!

melis said...

I love you! I love him! Lets get together... call me!

IronLawGirl said...

I checked what we were talking about, and I saw what you mean about that thing. ;)