Sunday, July 27, 2008

So that's why it's closing.

Well, Josiah is scared of our baby offending people with his cries, so we have to plan our outings carefully. Since Josiah has been wanting to see the batman movie, he planned a movie night at the drive-in. That way, I could feed Zeke, and if he started crying, we'd be in our own car. Well, the last local drive-in is closing down, most likely at the end of the summer, and a lot of people think it's sad. So friday rolls around, and I'm so excited for our date night. We go get tons of snacks, I feed the baby, and we load up the car and we're off. I brought blankets, and the boppy, so I can be totally comfortable. We got there almost an hour early when parking starts, to get a good spot. We had full view of the screen, perfect angle...

We ended up parking next to a church social. They had pizza, I was jealous. This nice girl had a 2 month old baby, and chatted me up about mine. She told me how cute he is, so we were friends right off. So it started getting dark, and the cars just kept coming. By 9 it was dark and the movie was supposed to start at 8:55, but cars were still parking. We had cars on both sides of us, and a nice space between for comfort and what not. Oh no, people found ways to squeeze their hoopties right between us and then the jerks on the left proceeded to hit our car when they got out. The mom was yelling at her kid, cursing and what not.

So the movie finally starts. Meanwhile I had told Josiah about my only drive-in experience when I was little, I can't even remember what movie we watched because the sound didn't work too well, so I couldn't hear anything. So the movie starts and we all tune our dials to the designated station. FUZZ. I couldn't distinguish anything they were saying. I don't even know what the movie was about. Just lots of action and shooting, and violence. We ended up turning our radio off, and just listening to the sound from outside. It worked ok, but it still sucked. Plus someone was smoking the marijuana, so our car reeked after we left. But Zeke slept through the whole movie, so I guess it all worked out ok.

No comments: