Thursday, July 24, 2008

Poor Reggie!

So on monday (7/21) it was a beautiful night. Around 7 it was only about 75-80 degrees, so I decided to take a blanket out and just relax with Zeke and Reggie. Josiah was pretending to work in the yard, so he was out there too. All of the sudden, Reggie started limping really bad. I called him over, and inspected his leg thoroughly, but I couldn't find anything. After about five minutes, he disappeared inside, so I had Josiah go check on him. Jo found him under the bed, so he picked up Reggie and carried him back outside. The poor puppy collapsed on the grass and started spontaniously pooping. Laying down. So I was freaking out. I ran inside to check if there was poison he could have gotten into or something. When I came back out, he was throwing up a TON in the lawn. I almost started crying (I may be a bit hormonal, but we really love our dog.) just because we didn't know what could be wrong. So Josiah just brought him on the blanket to lay down, and then I spotted it. In between two of his toes, there was a tiny black dot. Upon closer inspection, it was a stinger. This is the second time he's gotten stung, the first time was on his nose. Apparently he's majorly allergic, so now I'm scared to let him play outside without adult supervision. So this is my poor docile dog letting the baby lay on him.

1 comment:

IronLawGirl said...

Poor Regi!!!
And I so remember that blanket!!!!!