Saturday, May 9, 2009

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

There's a commercial for the boardwalk that has a fun jingle that I was singing all day. Anyhoo, today we spent our Saturday mostly in the car. We woke up this morning and went to the Black Bear Diner in Suisun City, CA. It's the closest to us, and they have some KILLER pancakes. They're made with sweet cream. I thought Zeke was going to share with me, but he wasn't hungry, so I had to do most of the damage by myself. (And I could only get about halfway through.)
Since we were already halfway to Santa Cruz, we decided to make a day of it. I have been wanting to go. It was really fun. Josiah was super impressed (Which is VERY difficult) with the "real California beach." They were having a beach volleyball tournament. It's funny because all beach volleyball players wear skimpy bikinis whether they should or not. There was one hot guy while we were watching, but he was the only player who refused to take his shirt off. I was sad. JKLOL. Anyhoo, this is me after playing one round of "knock over the milk bottles." There were six bottles stacked and I had to throw three baseballs and knock them all down. I did it in two! And then Josiah and I played a rifle game, and he got 14/15, and I got all 15! I wasn't trying to emasculate him, but needless to say, he wasn't trying any more contests after my winning streak. He did tear it up on skeeball though. After a churro, a pretzel, a virgin strawberry margarita, and way too much licorice, we decided to head home. I did get a crab cocktail on the way. I LOVE CRAB!
This is Zeke just loving being out.


This is me and my prize. Zeke lost it halfway through the day.


Here's us in front of the beach. Pretty fun!

No comments: