Monday, December 22, 2008

6 months old!!!


I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT! It's been a half a year since I had my sweet baby. We've had a lot of fun, and I've enjoyed every moment! Well, almost. We went to the doctor today. People always talk about how sad it is when their babies have to get shots, but I'm always so excited to see how much he's grown, that I don't mind. Plus, I always dope him up real good.
Zeke is a tall thin boy. Which is weird considering genetics. Actually, if I ate as healthy as he does, I'd probably be thin too. For height, he's 27 inches long, which is 73rd percentile. As for weight, he's only 16 lbs, 5 oz. That means he's only 29th percentile. My poor boy! I wouldn't feel so bad, but he started out 77th percentile! He's only gained 8 lbs, but the doctor didn't seem concerned at all. He eats when he's hungry, and if I try to nurse him early he won't eat, and if I try to feed him solids he just plays:
(Exhibit A)
He's rolling over pretty well. It's funny because we don't really see him rolling a ton, but sometimes he'll end up 10 feet from where we put him down. It's fun to try to entice him with toys. Hopefully he'll get the concept of opening presents. He really likes new things, and he LOVES crinkly paper, so either way it should be fun.
I had been REALLY stressed about nursing. For the last couple of weeks, it didn't seem like I was filling him up. I've been pumping, and supplementing with formula, and the past few days I think I've caught myself back up. Maybe he was just going through a growth spurt, but now I've actually been able to stockpile a few ounces extra. (like 3 oz./day) I think I was drying up a bit, but luckly with weeks of pumping and not giving up, I think I've made it through this little hurdle. Oh, and the zipties in my hooterhiders broke. So now I have to find real boning, and give it another try. W-E. (whatever)

Anyhoo, Very Merry Christmas to all of my fans, and loved ones, and a Happy Hanukkah to all of my Jewish reader :)

4 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

Got milk? Six months?! Now it's time to get making another baby! ;) Can't wait to see you guys! In fact, we might want to stay at your house instead of Ryan's moms...

ivette said...

Merry Christmas Desi. My mom says your baby is so beautiful. She loves his cheeks. So baby #2 huh?

Anonymous said...

hello new friend! i'm glad you found my blog! i'll see you sunday! have a good christmas!

Anonymous said...

post something new already slacker!!!