Sunday, September 14, 2008

Viva Lake Tahoe!

So the Sanders had another fun weekend. Well eventful may be the right word. I guess both. Yesterday (Saturday) my only friend in California, Lindsey Claussen, became Lindsey Waller. I'm so excited for her. We met about 4 years ago working at Ruby Tuesday in Corvallis. (Good times, good times!) After all of this time, we're still in pretty much the same place in life. We both have babies, we both have apprentice husbands, and we both live far away from anyone else we know.

Friday Josiah and I had to run a couple of errands, and we decided to stop at Folsom Outlets on the way up to the south side of tahoe. Basically my baby poos once a week, and it had been about 5 days, so I knew he was due. We got to the outlets, and I started to smell that old familiar smell. Sweet nasty!!! So i go into the bathroom, and it has blasted out every direction. THANKS HUGGIES! Luckily I had put an under onesie on, and so it only got on that. I had to use half a travel pack of wipes, seriously like, 20, and then I just threw the onesie away with the diaper. SORRY CLEANING LADIES AT FOLSOM OUTLETS!!!!!

So then we get on our merry way. We got to the motel in South Lake Tahoe. We picked the one that the wedding party was staying in because I wanted to be able to help with hair if needed, and they took dogs, so I could bring Reginald. The motel was pretty cute. It was woodsy, and the motif was all log cabinesque.
Then we got to go to a bbq on the beach with everyone who had arrived early. Kurt's (the new hubby) parents were there, and his mom Cindy snatched Zekers up and showed him off. It was fun to have 30 people I don't know go gaga over my baby!!! Plus I got to eat with two hands. After the bbq we went back to the motel, and pretty much went to bed.

HERE'S THE GOOD PART:
Zeke woke up around midnight for a feeding. I guess the traveling had thrown him off, because usually he sleeps til 6am. So I'm sitting there feeding him, and Josiah is sound asleep, when I see this bug crawling on the bed. I believe it was a carpet beetle, but at the time, I didn't know, and didn't really care. We're in the woods, bugs happen. Then I look at the white sheets, and there's a little smear of bright red blood. I start searching my legs for bites or scratches, and I find nothing. Meanwhile, I'm still feeding Zeke, and Jo's still snoring. Then I see this NASTY looking bug on the pillow that I was propping Zeke up with, and I wake Josiah up. It took him a second to focus, but he was like, um that's nasty. So I told him it was the second bug I found, and I showed him the blood stain, and he started stripping the bed searching for others. I took reggie's dog food bag, and caught the #2 bug, and then Josiah found a tiny red bug. Apparently, they were BED BUGS!!! One was an adult, and the other a baby. (not the technical term.)
The office to the motel was closed, so we had to walk to the lobby and call an answering service who then had to call an offsite manager, who then took 20 minutes to get there and then there were no more rooms at the inn, because of the wedding! She did comp the room, and offer a free night's stay in a suite! Yeah, we want to go back there. I called travelocity to explain the situation, and try and find a new hotel, but after 40 minutes of being transfered and talking to two "Steven's" in India or Pakistan, I just searched the phone book. So then we had to call a few more places, and they were either scary looking, or they didn't take dogs, or were closed, since by now it's 2am. I finally picked a place with a decent looking ad, and didn't mention the dog. We ended up smuggling him in and out wrapped up in his blanket. The only upside was that the new motel used Tempurpedic mattresses which was nice, and had a continental breakfast which was delicious the next morning.
This is getting really long, sorry. The next day we went to the only dog beach on the south shore, and it was really beautiful. That night was the wedding, and it was also really beautiful. I'm so happy for my friends, and I'm glad we were there! Also, one of Kurt's Aunts, (susan I think?) held Zeke most of the time, so I got to really enjoy the night!

Our majestic dog Reginald. We'd like this turned into a portrait please.
Chillin at the beach.

Zekers is smiling more and more. He LOVES water.

This was the backdrop for the ceremony. I thought this could be our Christmas card picture, but i'm going to lose more weight between now and then, so we'll have to take another family photo.

The girls and their boys! Chase looked ADORABLE in his baby tux.

Sweet aunt Susan. Zeke LOVED her!
Cutting the DELICIOUS cake. Aren't they a beautiful couple.

3 comments:

kelsey said...

he's so adorable des! sorry your room was a gong-show, but at least you still had fun!!!

IronLawGirl said...

Yay!!! I needed my Desi fix. I misss you soooooo bad! And you're looking really hot!! That's a crazy story, I would have been so cranky.

Tawnya said...

Ewww ewww ewww. Blowouts are a way of life here but I've never tossed a onesie. LOL I probably should have a couple times, though. Isn't Tahoe awesome? Well, except for the bedbugs. That's sick.