Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My little thumbsucker!!!

So when Zeke takes a nap, he usually wakes up making a coughing sound, which quickly escalates into a cry. With the baby monitor I can hear every move. So this afternoon, while he was napping, I kept hearing movements, but no coughing or crying. After about 5 minutes of phantom sounds, I got curious. This is what I found!:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stifle my child... I just don't want to have to break him of the habit when he's in first grade. But if he really want to suck his thumb I won't stop him. I just always offer him the pacifier. However, a three month old sucking his thumb is just adorable. It's more his whole fist! I'm just proud that he's getting more coordinated with his hands. He's starting to play with his toys on his swing, and on his playmat.

2 comments:

Taylors said...

i love the little noises he makes :) It's the best when they find their own hands and fingers!

kelsey said...

i have learned to accept the thumb-sucking. you're right, it's adorable! plus, it helps them sleep a lot better! you don't have to go in, they just find their thumb... it's AWESOME!!! i figure, she'll just grow out of it, or we can worry about it later. not much you can do about it now!