Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gardening update #1

So we've gotten all of our boxes built, filled, and divided. We planted a bunch of seeds in cups, so that they could begin sprouting indoors. One day whilst we were out shopping, a torrential rain storm came and killed most of my seeds. Plus, they just weren't happy in cups. A few, however survived, and so this weekend I transplanted them. I also bought a few seedlings at home depot. They're the pretty ones!

Here's our strawberry plants. These take 3 years to fruit from seeds, so I had to buy them in plants. Hopefully they produce this year!



These are the store bought pepper plants.



And these are my little seedlings that I just transplanted. A few tomato plants survived as well, but we'll see if they actually survive move into the big boxes!

1 comment:

Ashley Gilbert said...

My your garden is so cool! Your domesticity is awesome!