Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 2009!

So we started out our festivities by visiting the pumpkin patch. This one is about 2 miles from our house, so it's really convenient. Zeke LOVED being able to walk around all independent like!

He's wearing his oregon shirt because it was a game day.


Here Daddy is pushing him through the haybale maze. They were both having a pretty good time.
When he got out he had to try out every "car" they had there. Zeke REALLY liked this one, with the antennae and squeaky horn.
We tried pulling him in the wagon, but he insisted on pushing it. Such a big boy!
And here is our little ducky. This is at the trunk-or-treat on Friday. We all go to the church, open our trunks and let the kids walk around in the circle getting candy. VERY efficient! I was surprised at how long he kept his hood on. I made his costume and this white fur sheds SO BAD! My sewing room is a hazmat zone.
So, I woke up at 5am with Josiah on Friday, and all of the sudden, I had a cough. By that afternoon, I had a slight fever. But I was NOT missing the trunkortreat. Basically that was the whole reason for making Zeke's costume! So I got some cough drops, and made it there. By the time I got home, I had to run out of the car, into the house to throw up. I called Kaiser, and the nurse said I have enough swine flu symptoms that they wanted to put me on tamiflu, an antiviral. Since I'm pregnant, they want me to really watch it. So, now I feel a little like death, but Zekey got to parade around in his costume! The things we do for our kids!








5 comments:

Taylors said...

oh my gosh, that costume is amazing! good job! and I cant believe you have the swine flu!! thats just crazy, hope you feel better soon!

Tawnya said...

Way to sacrifice, Des! Feel better!

Mike and Lindsey said...

Amazing costume! I can't believe you made that, well, I can, but way to go. Sorry to hear you were sick as well.

Jacqui said...

You're amazing. If I had a crown, I would put it on your head, with a banner that says, "Mrs. Pregnant Sacramento County, 2009" Congratulations.

Ashley said...

You MADE that costume? Wow Dez! Very impressive :) Sorry you're feeling icky. No fun. Feel better soon!

P.S. I can't believe your almost 36 weeks!!!